At what age should a child be given a tech device? | Discussion Bucks

At what age should a child be given a tech device?

King Belieal

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Oct 1, 2023
D Bucks
💵0.488330
Referral Credit
There has to be a balance in exposing a child to tech and tech gadgets. If not strategically done, the child might be worse off with such exposure.

What age is ideal to expose a child to tech gadgets like smartphones, tablets and the rest.

I do not know I am single , no child but I have young nieces and nephews . They have their netbook at age 2 and 3. They learned many things in their own making.

Am not really sure about this, but allowing them have access to this too early might become an issue in the future. It's best to wait till they are around 12 or 13, even at that they should have limited access.

I believe it is those small notebooks that are preloaded with nursery rhymes and cartoons that are educational for children. If it is that one, it is perfect for kids.

• Like Button
Reactions: Starmix
I believe it is those small notebooks that are preloaded with nursery rhymes and cartoons that are educational for children. If it is that one, it is perfect for kids.
Yes they're the one the kiddos felt so excited as they listen to the guides and I was the one who bought for them. I love my little nephews and nieces.

I think this depends on each child. When I was a kid I didn't have a tech device and I was very happy. Children don't need these to be happy.

I believe that they should get a regular phone when they are in middle school they are some kids phones that they can use if they want to call

• Agree
Reactions: Starmix
I will raise my children without a cell phone until they are 8 years old, I think it is essential that they learn the value of the environment and not that of a screen.

I believe that they should get a regular phone when they are in middle school they are some kids phones that they can use if they want to call
Agree with you but the kids must be oriented on safety for their phone against stealing in the classroom or outside the classroom. It's very important for kids to have phone.

We have to be very careful on how we expose those kids to tech devices, especially the ones that have access to social media. They have the potential of influencing a child in many ways.

My young nieces and nephews aren't interested in media. They're mostly interested in games programmed by their mom and some lessons for kids.

There is no specific age as tech is advancing and been used on day to day basis. As far as the child can be able to handle the device, i will allow the child to use it but i must monitor what he or she is doing.

I believe a child can start using a tablet for learning around the age of 6 or 7, but with adult supervision. To make sure the child's safety, I will set up some restrictions in the device's settings. As far as I know, some devices have parental control features that can be used to monitor the child's activities.

I believe a child can start using a tablet for learning around the age of 6 or 7, but with adult supervision. To make sure the child's safety, I will set up some restrictions in the device's settings. As far as I know, some devices have parental control features that can be used to monitor the child's activities.
How would you be able to monitor that the child is using the tablet only for learning purposes. With the way ads are being done now to be sultry, children of that age are vulnerable.