Do you have any money-saving habits that others may deem excessively frugal? | Discussion Bucks

Do you have any money-saving habits that others may deem excessively frugal?

freelancermaria

Veteran Member
Literary Virtuoso
Oct 3, 2023
D Bucks
💵19.795813
Referral Credit
Do you have any money-saving habits that others may deem excessively frugal? Personally, I prefer to live in a small apartment that is less expensive than the others. Although some have questioned my choice of living as being frugal, I do not care. My flat is small, but it is always clean and has an aesthetically pleasing design. Furthermore, I can live freely with my two gorgeous fur babies, which is a great benefit for me. In my opinion, it is a win-win situation because I can live my life on my own terms while simultaneously saving money.

Last edited:
  • Like Button
Reactions: Starmix
I don't have any but my friend has one behaviour that almost everyone thinks is extreme in frugality. She always seeks and chases every dumpsters sales.

I don't have any but my friend has one behaviour that almost everyone thinks is extreme in frugality. She always seeks and chases every dumpsters sales.
Lol at dumpsters sale. Well, it might not seem so to the person. You know what might be trash to you might be another person's treasure. But it is good to be frugal.

• Like Button
Reactions: freelancermaria
LoL my boss back then had an habit of buying second hand or damaged items like chairs, tables and the likes.

• Like Button
I buy most things used and it's frugal for me. For example, my smartphone and my TV are used. Also, I even bought a used wardrobe.

For me l have a saving habit that most people would see it as excessively frugal, like l can be able to skip meals for the sake of saving on Money.

It is okay. I have a friend who does the same thing and she is always happy with her purchases. Hehe
Post automatically merged:

Lol at dumpsters sale. Well, it might not seem so to the person. You know what might be trash to you might be another person's treasure. But it is good to be frugal.

It is a fact that what one person considers trash, another person might see as treasure. It all depends on individual perspectives and preferences.

LoL my boss back then had an habit of buying second hand or damaged items like chairs, tables and the likes.

Some people do not mind buying second-hand items, especially if it will help them save a lot of money. Hehe

I buy most things used and it's frugal for me. For example, my smartphone and my TV are used. Also, I even bought a used wardrobe.

There is nothing wrong with buying second-hand items. If it will help you save a lot of money, go for it. :) I do not mind buying second-hand clothes. Hehe

For me l have a saving habit that most people would see it as excessively frugal, like l can be able to skip meals for the sake of saving on Money.

I see. I hope it won't affect your health. I usually do not eat breakfast and I have been doing it for a while now. It has become a habit for me.

Last edited:
it is not even good to be unnecessarily frugal. you might turn to a miser. You just need to strike a balance and gets it right.

That's nice but do they last long, compared to when you buy a brand new one?

That's right you would save going to the hospital by doing this as your health will be in top gear as well.

Hospitalization can be costly, especially in the present times. I recall being admitted for around a week, but I lacked the finances to pay for my medical bills. Because of this, I had to turn to my parents for financial assistance, which left them feeling upset.

Do you have any money-saving habits that others may deem excessively frugal? Personally, I prefer to live in a small apartment that is less expensive than the others. Although some have questioned my choice of living as being frugal, I do not care. My flat is small, but it is always clean and has an aesthetically pleasing design. Furthermore, I can live freely with my two gorgeous fur babies, which is a great benefit for me. In my opinion, it is a win-win situation because I can live my life on my own terms while simultaneously saving money.
I truly appreciate your ways of living. Being frugal isn't a sin but appreciated by those whose mindsets like frugality. It's one source to be always prepared because saving is the top priority.

I truly appreciate your ways of living. Being frugal isn't a sin but appreciated by those whose mindsets like frugality. It's one source to be always prepared because saving is the top priority.
Sure, you need to save money no matter how small. You can't be too sure about the future without having savings

• Like Button
Sure, you need to save money no matter how small. You can't be too sure about the future without having savings
That's right, mate, we have to save even small amounts and let us forget it and let ot grow by adding some if there is available money.

Some people can actually be very frugal. A friend that I know would not bath in his bathroom just to ensure that the soak away pit doesn't get full and he has to spend money on fixing another one.

Thank you, my friend. I appreciate it. It is not and will never be a sin to be frugal. It can be hard at times, but with discipline, you will be able to make it.

It is always good to save even the smallest amount of money, as it can accumulate over time and eventually surprise you with how much you have saved :)

Some people are just plain stingy these ones are not being frugal they are just hoarders even to themselves