Do you really use your real photos on the social media and forums | Discussion Bucks

Do you really use your real photos on the social media and forums

Stardom22

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Oct 2, 2023
D Bucks
💵7.280188
Referral Credit
For me l was taking the issue of adding the real avatar on the social and forum sites very lightly. However it's a very nice thing to add your real photos on these sites as it portrays some seriousness in you.
What is your take?

Yes, adding your real picture also shows some level of sincerity and most importantly transparency, especially for does looking forward to do business or to promote their business.

At times, my real photo is added or my gravatar is automatically uploaded, hence, I leave it as it is. Nevertheless, there are occasions when I prefer not to upload my real photo. However, it is beneficial to upload one's real photo as it conveys openness.

I would even like to upload a real photo, maybe someone will like me and be able to make friends, but I don't even have such photos to post on the Internet.

I stay away from posting my real pictures on most of the sites that I work on. I would mostly put a Nature scene or something from my garden clicked on. I don't change them frequently, so once it is there, it is there for a long time or even good.
I use my real photos for my profile pictures on the social media accounts. But I don't share more personal pictures there. And not at all of my family.

There are times, that I use my real picture in any online platform, just like this one, and there are also times, that I use a different picture, and that's according to my mood or if I saw a really nice photo online, then I take it and use it. ;)

On social media, yes, I use my real photos because social media is all about sharing things about yourself, but on forums and other platforms, I don't feel comfortable using my photo as a profile.

I would even like to upload a real photo, maybe someone will like me and be able to make friends, but I don't even have such photos to post on the Internet.
Earlier I used my real photo on myLot. And then I got some Private messages where they felt that I looked good and they wanted to befriend me . One message sounded creepy too. I don't want to befriend everyone on social media. From then onwards, I have not used my real photo on any forum platforms.

Now I don't use my real photo in NY forum but if you talk about social media I use my real photos to operate there so there is nothing wrong with that, and I believe that you will need your real photos so people can easily identify you

On my social media profile that is for personal use, I use my real photo. But I don't keep changing it very frequently as many would. It's always advisable to use a good decent profile picture for a site like LinkedIn where you are looking for prospective employees and workers.
I am not much into sharing personal pictures and matters on social media other than my real photo.

Yes I do, I use my real photo and real name
. And I don't accept friend requests from people without real names and picture.

Yes I do, I use my real photo and real name
. And I don't accept friend requests from people without real names and picture.
That is a very nice practice. I follow the same. I don't send friend's request to someone anonymous unless I know who the person is through other means. Same is followed for accepting someone as friend. Social media accounts are quite vulnerable. I have private setting for my account and I only allow people who are in my friends list to view what I have posted. I am careful while sending any friends request or accepting one.

• Like Button
Reactions: pinway
That is a very nice practice. I follow the same. I don't send friend's request to someone anonymous unless I know who the person is through other means. Same is followed for accepting someone as friend. Social media accounts are quite vulnerable. I have private setting for my account and I only allow people who are in my friends list to view what I have posted. I am careful while sending any friends request or accepting one.

I am very careful when accepting requests. The person must be personally known by me and I know the whereabouts like job, home good if we have common friends

I am very careful when accepting requests. The person must be personally known by me and I know the whereabouts like job, home good if we have common friends
Yes, even while accepting common friends in our friends list, we should be careful. Recently I have watched Crime Patrol show, that is based on true stories of crime. It was shocking to see how much social media platforms can make us vulnerable to these crime traps. We can be trapped for such crimes

• Like Button
Yes, even while accepting common friends in our friends list, we should be careful. Recently I have watched Crime Patrol show, that is based on true stories of crime. It was shocking to see how much social media platforms can make us vulnerable to these crime traps. We can be trapped for such crimes
There are so many hackers and scammers on social media, let's just be vigilant.

On some sites I have uploaded my real photo. I know some people have a fear that their picture may be misused if they upload it.

There are so many hackers and scammers on social media, let's just be vigilant.
Very true! One has to be really careful. With advancements in technology, the crime rate especially of cyber crime is also on rise.
On some sites I have uploaded my real photo. I know some people have a fear that their picture may be misused if they upload it.
That's so true. We have seen so many cases of deep fake photos and videos reported recently.

• Like Button