Do you think its a right thing to allow children to use social media? | Discussion Bucks

Do you think its a right thing to allow children to use social media?

Kirubel

Veteran Member
Literary Virtuoso
Oct 22, 2023
D Bucks
💵1.207250
Referral Credit
Many parents don't mind when their children use social medias, even some parents open account for their kids.
So do you think this practise is a right thing?

• Like Button
Reactions: Mike30
I won't let my kids know who are less than 14 be in social media. A child doesn't need the exposure of social media earlier than that age unless that child would easily miss his or her way. There are paedophiles operating faceless on social media aiming to prey on vulnerable children.

Every parent have the right to train their kids the way they feel it's right though. Personally I think they are simply exposing their kids to things they are not ready for yet.

• Like Button
If I had children, I wouldn't let them access social media until they were 16 years old. There are many child molesters out there, and I will do everything I can to protect them.

If I had children, I wouldn't let them access social media until they were 16 years old. There are many child molesters out there, and I will do everything I can to protect them.
The internet and the social media is wild place, thete are a lots of things that need parental guide, so its better to be safe than sorry, restricting our children from social media till they became more mature is a wise thing to do.

• Like Button
With the kinds of things going on in social media, exposing your child at a young age to it would not augur well for the mental wellbeing of the child. It can easily lead to moral decadence of that child.

It is not a safe place for kids to access social media especially there are some explicit posts even on Facebook. I would rather ask the kids to play outside the house than to access these platforms.

I think that it is not necessary to allow this to too young children because there is no regulation of the content shown to the user in social networks and it may not be necessary for a child. I believe that children should be allowed to use social networks no earlier than at the age of 14

This issue would have so much reactions for real. For me l wouldn't allow my children to use the social media in tender age.

I will not allow my kids to use social media until they reach at least 14 years. Even at 14 years or more, there is need for control and monitoring until they become adults. We are living in a very toxic world with a lot of negative information circulating the internet.