Google AdSense

Mildredtabitha

Active Participant
Novice Scribe
Jan 31, 2024
D Bucks
💵1.030500
Referral Credit
I did own a blog more than seven years ago. I only had twenty two posts and around two thousand views.

I applied for google AdSense and I qualified. I would use it to place ads on my blog. Even if I successfully did this, I never earned any money from my blog.

I needed to get traffic from UK and US so I could make money. But it was hard getting traffic from those continents since I am in Africa.

Long story short, I deleted the blog. Has any of you ever used Google AdSense to monetize your blog? What was your experience?

2k views is not much. If rate is 5 cents per 1000 views, you would earn 10cents. Also 2k views in what time period? It is not same per week, month or even year.

2k views is not much. If rate is 5 cents per 1000 views, you would earn 10cents. Also 2k views in what time period? It is not same per week, month or even year.
The two thousand views was overall views earned in a span of two years. So it makes sense why I never made any money. Maybe I needed to get two thousand views per day.

I was using google adsense 15 years ago, after which my account was disabled without giving a valid reason. I was making a lot of money from Google adsense, approximately $3000 monthly. I used other ad networks and advertising rates have crashed.
WoW! That is lots of money.
Did you place google AdSense on your blog? What were you monetizing?

Things have really changed. It's harder making money nowadays.

It'll take time and effort to build up enough traffic and clicks to generate significant earnings. What we need to do is have patience, be consistent, and continue to improve our blog's quality and promotion in order to see success with AdSense.

Because you are from Africa is not the reason that you are not getting traffic from USA. The main thing is the content that you write on your blog. If the content is what a USA user would look for, then the traffic will come from USA

Because you are from Africa is not the reason that you are not getting traffic from USA. The main thing is the content that you write on your blog. If the content is what a USA user would look for, then the traffic will come from USA
Thanks for clarifying. Maybe I need to find a niche that could attract traffic from other continents. I'm thinking of vlogging instead of blogging this time round. But I'm thinking on what to vlog about.

I have a Google Adsense account but I don't use it now. I worked for a Q&A site years ago and we were paid through Adsense. They were very strict on who they let in and many members of the site had to make several attempts before they qualified

Google Adsense has strict guidelines and requirements for approval. It can be annoying for many users who are trying to monetize their websites or content through Adsense.

I am currently building up a blog that I hope to get approved for Google Adsense, I had already attempted but didn't get it when I tried so working on more content and will try again.

It is true that getting content from US and UK if you are not from those places can be difficult but with time and work it is possible.

• Like Button
Reactions: SilverLance
@Shortie Good to hear that you are working on building up your blog and trying again for Google Adsense approval. Keep working hard and I'm sure you'll achieve your goal! Good luck.

I did own a blog more than seven years ago. I only had twenty two posts and around two thousand views.

I applied for google AdSense and I qualified. I would use it to place ads on my blog. Even if I successfully did this, I never earned any money from my blog.

I needed to get traffic from UK and US so I could make money. But it was hard getting traffic from those continents since I am in Africa.

Long story short, I deleted the blog. Has any of you ever used Google AdSense to monetize your blog? What was your experience?
You made a terrible mistake by deleting the blog. You must not have traffic from first tier country before you start making money from Google adsense. You can still make use of adsense if you still want.

You made a terrible mistake by deleting the blog. You must not have traffic from first tier country before you start making money from Google adsense. You can still make use of adsense if you still want.

Yes I still do want to earn from adsense. But I'll need to create a new blog or look for a niche that can drive in traffic quickly.
I am currently building up a blog that I hope to get approved for Google Adsense, I had already attempted but didn't get it when I tried so working on more content and will try again.

It is true that getting content from US and UK if you are not from those places can be difficult but with time and work it is possible.

I like your positive attitude. It sure is possible but it really looked difficult for me. I wish you all the best with your blog.

• Like Button
Reactions: Shortie

You could try some alternative advertising platform or buy a ready Google Adsense account approved and link to the blog, many do this practice for example.

Now l can understand that earning through the Google AdSense is not such an easy thing.I think the selling of the ad space on your blog could pay you far much better than the Google AdSense.

• Like Button
Reactions: Shortie
I have a couple of blogs and forums monetized with Google Adsense, I make mopney from Google Adsense. My earning was very good in the past, it covered my monthly bills but these days earnings are really small. I have been using adsense since 12 years.