Have you Ever Considered Volunteering in an Animal Shelter? | Discussion Bucks

Have you Ever Considered Volunteering in an Animal Shelter?

freelancermaria

Veteran Member
Literary Virtuoso
Oct 3, 2023
D Bucks
💵19.795813
Referral Credit
This is only for the animal lovers out there. Have you ever considered volunteering in an animal shelter? As for me, yes. It is one of the things that I have been meaning to do ever since but I just do not have the time to do it right now because of my online job. Plus, I currently live in the province and the animal shelter that I want to help is in the city, which is 5 to 6 hours away from here. However, I have fed some stray cats and dogs many times before and I will do it again when I come home next week. Have you ever considered volunteering in an animal shelter?

I'm a pet lover because I care for mine myself but I have never worked in any shelter for now but wouldn't mind picking up the job.

I do love animals but we don't have any animal shelters around here where I live if they ever build one i will volunteer for sure.
I hope there will be animal shelters in your area in the future so you can volunteer and help the animals :)
Post automatically merged:

I'm a pet lover because I care for mine myself but I have never worked in any shelter for now but wouldn't mind picking up the job.
Wow. Do you have a cat or dog? And that is nice to hear that you are interested in that kind of job.

Some people spend their holidays at places like this, not like I don't love animals, I haven't just thought more about it.
Yes, some people spend their birthdays and holidays at animal shelters and it is okay if you have not thought about it yet.

My sister have 2 cats and i feed them, i think this is more than volunteering right?!
Yes. That is nice that you feed your sister’s cats! I love feeding stray cats and dogs! I hope I will have more money in the future so I can continue doing such a thing.

For me I do not hate animals but at the same time I am also not a huge fan of these kind of things, so it has honestly never come to my mind.

Yes, I do. I have 2 dogs and 7 cats that I love so dearly and treat as part of the family.
2 dogs and 7 cats is much . The cost of feeding and maintaining them will surely be high.

I don't have pets because I don't think I will have time for them. Secondly, am finding it difficult to feed myself, how can i include pets in this my tight financial situation 🙈🙈🙈🙈

• Like Button
Reactions: klassicdoll
2 dogs and 7 cats is much . The cost of feeding and maintaining them will surely be high.

I don't have pets because I don't think I will have time for them. Secondly, am finding it difficult to feed myself, how can i include pets in this my tight financial situation 🙈🙈🙈🙈
hehe . Yeah, you are very right. They could consume around 6 kg of catfood and dogfood in a week, and that's around 12 USD. But what can I do? I just love them, and they make me happy. Also, if I do not feed them, my conscience will kill me 😅.

hehe . Yeah, you are very right. They could consume around 6 kg of catfood and dogfood in a week, and that's around 12 USD. But what can I do? I just love them, and they make me happy. Also, if I do not feed them, my conscience will kill me 😅.
12 USD is enough to keep me fit for one good week. If you are comfortable and can foot your bills, it is okay.

I have pets whom I love, regardless of how tough life can be. I make it a priority to provide them with food and treats, even if it means sacrificing other expenses. My pets are family and bring joy into my life, and their unconditional love is something I treasure very much.

No, it is never on my mind not unless if I am a veterinarian but I am not. I had pet dogs when I was a teenager and two pet cats but never had I volunteered in an animal shelter.