How Long Should a Blog Post be for SEO?

yusra

Engaged Contributor
Novice Scribe
Sep 25, 2023
D Bucks
💵0.050500
Referral Credit
I want to optimize my blog content for search engines, but am unsure about ideal word counts. Is there an optimal length for blog posts that balances providing value for readers with rankings potential? Does post length matter for SEO or is quality content more important? What factors should I consider when deciding how long to make my posts?

An average blog post will not be less than 2,000 words to have impact on SEO. A SEO driven post should have images, videos and tags. Any post less than 2,000 is a waste of time and energy.

I want to optimize my blog content for search engines, but am unsure about ideal word counts. Is there an optimal length for blog posts that balances providing value for readers with rankings potential? Does post length matter for SEO or is quality content more important? What factors should I consider when deciding how long to make my posts?
The post length doesn't matter because it could be a long post that resay the same thing several times. No addition of value is provided.

Search engines do not tell you how long your content should be, however, if you look at the high ranking content on various search engines, you will find that most high ranking content are long.

The length of a blog post for SEO will depend on the situation and conditions, some are short at least 500 words and some think it should be 2000 words.

The length of a post should be detailed enough to provide valuable information to a visitor and user of the site. Maybe 400 words.