Nepal's Supreme Court orders limit on Mount Everest climbing permits | Discussion Bucks

Nepal's Supreme Court orders limit on Mount Everest climbing permits

Sanjeev

Opinion Leader
Wordsmith
Oct 2, 2023
D Bucks
💵2.665625
Referral Credit
Nepal's Supreme Court has ordered the government to limit the number of mountaineering permits issued for Everest and other peaks, a lawyer confirmed Friday, just as expeditions prepare for the spring climbing season.

The verdict's summary said that the mountains' capacity "must be respected" and an appropriate maximum number of permits should be determined.

That would protect the people who are not mountain climbers. There were many fatalities that happened in the past so it must be controlled.

They are simply doing this to ensure the climbers are safe. I know some people would still go beyond the limit.

They are simply doing this to ensure the climbers are safe. I know some people would still go beyond the limit.
Yes, that's true there were so many incidents climbers didn't make it and died while on their journey to reach Mt. Everest. It's insanity.

• Wow
Reactions: eLdavis
Well I think this is to help preserve the mountain. So I highly stand by this that there should be a restrictions to help

Supreme court did this because of people safety, it shows their loyalty because the government will get more and more money if the climbers would increase. Here few years back the poor government given permit and permit to a hill station much more than maximum capacity and the world seen as how many people died in Murre Pakistan.