Should you convince a resigning staff to stay? | Discussion Bucks

Should you convince a resigning staff to stay?

King Belieal

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Oct 1, 2023
D Bucks
💵0.488330
Referral Credit
It happens that staff come and also leave business organisations. If you have a staff who is very vital to the operations of your organisation, and suddenly, that staff tenders a resignation.

Does it make sense to try and convince that staff to stay and not resign?

I will try to find out what prompt sudden resignation. If is salary increase or other issues which is within my capacity to change, i will do it for the staff to stay. If is issue based on personal preference or due to family related issue, i will allow the staff to go.

Yes, there's no pride with this. if the person is a power house to you just try to cajole the person to stay and be good financially and otherwise to the person

There are some staff that we call capacity men. If it is such a staff that is very useful to the organisation, I can never allow him or her to leave for anything.

There is notting wrong with you trying to convince them to stay. I would also do the same if I where to be in that position. In the end though you can't force them.

The other angle is that if you force them to stay, they might turn around to be holding the company to ransom. Isn't it better to have staff that really desire to work for the company?

Yes, you can also flip the coin be sure that the person wants to stay it is not about forcing and the person would no longer put in his or her best.

If the reason is to seek a greener pasture abroad, then there is no need to convince or else, that person asks for an increase.

A valuable staff should not just be allowed to leave an organisation just like that. The owner should do everything to convince the staff to stay. It is the price to pay to secure highly productive staff. But I would not beg any staff to stay.

If the reason is to seek a greener pasture abroad, then there is no need to convince or else, that person asks for an increase.
Some people might not still stay when it is to go abroad. They believe they will make better money there

Some people might not still stay when it is to go abroad. They believe they will make better money there
Agree, the salary abroad is better than the salary received on his own country but we'll be nostalgic. There's no place like home.

It depends. If I feel the person is good for the business then I won't hesitate to ask him to stay back otherwise not, but will hire a new person in less salary.

When I was Regional sales Manager south. My best subordinate told me that he is going to give resign due to better future prospect, I tried my level best because of my own interest but he didn't listened and then resigned.

I will not hold a person wanting to resign, that is his prerogative.We do not know hos reason it might be health issues.

When I was Regional sales Manager south. My best subordinate told me that he is going to give resign due to better future prospect, I tried my level best because of my own interest but he didn't listened and then resigned.
That's because he didn't see a future prospect with your organisation. You simply should have made the staff to see the future prospect. I bet you, he would have stayed with the business.

Agree, the salary abroad is better than the salary received on his own country but we'll be nostalgic. There's no place like home.
Some people don't care about home especially the men. They focus on trying to make money thsn their homes.

Some people don't care about home especially the men. They focus on trying to make money thsn their homes.
Not all men are like that, there are men who love to be worth their family. A co-worker of my brother abroad because insane because of nostalgia and he eas sent back home.

Not all men are like that, there are men who love to be worth their family. A co-worker of my brother abroad because insane because of nostalgia and he eas sent back home.
Oh wow this is pleasing to read. I like men that don't take their family units for granted.