Webster

Discussion Enthusiast
Novice Scribe
Sep 29, 2023
D Bucks
💵1.902400
Referral Credit
Global Connector Emblem NFT [Common]
Regardless of whether you own a website, a blog, a forum, etc., we all have to follow the rules/laws in place.
So that got me thinking: how do we stay ahead of them (as in, staying on the right side of them, legally speaking)?

Regardless of whether you own a website, a blog, a forum, etc., we all have to follow the rules/laws in place.
So that got me thinking: how do we stay ahead of them (as in, staying on the right side of them, legally speaking)?
I guess the first step is to read and understand them. If you just go blindly stomping through plastering up whatever comes to mind it will be pretty easy to trip yourself up.

• Like Button
Reactions: Webster
Very interesting topic you have raised here,i just wanted it to be explained a little bit further.In this case do you mean on the aspect of the online business owners or the people that patronize those services?To my end i think the online owners having a good and treacable contact and about us page like putting an address and contact line is what can even build more credability.

Very interesting topic you have raised here,i just wanted it to be explained a little bit further.In this case do you mean on the aspect of the online business owners or the people that patronize those services?To my end i think the online owners having a good and treacable contact and about us page like putting an address and contact line is what can even build more credability.
What I have started doing on all my pages is explain why I don't leave my email address on there for spammers to grab and instead leave a link for them to join Discussion Bucks and PM me with questions or comments.

• Like Button
Reactions: Carson20t
Very interesting topic you have raised here
I'll give you an example, Carson.

I have a forum over on Proboards, which at the beginning of the Covid pandemic instituted a rule prohibiting posting Covid misinformation. Fair enough; its' their platform and I, like most forum admins there, hewed closely to the rule.

Other forums on the platform either skirted the rules or flat-out broke them and at best, there was occasional enforcement of that rule, to the point now that most of us have basically given up on complaining about it. The rule's still there, though, but a lot of us joke that its' become dead-letter law now because no one's enforcing it anymore.

• Like Button
Reactions: Carson20t
I'll give you an example, Carson.

I have a forum over on Proboards, which at the beginning of the Covid pandemic instituted a rule prohibiting posting Covid misinformation. Fair enough; its' their platform and I, like most forum admins there, hewed closely to the rule.

Other forums on the platform either skirted the rules or flat-out broke them and at best, there was occasional enforcement of that rule, to the point now that most of us have basically given up on complaining about it. The rule's still there, though, but a lot of us joke that its' become dead-letter law now because no one's enforcing it anymore.
I get you loud and clear,you simply mean that people should be posting information that is factual and actually verified in some way.That means no misinformatiom or misleading the general membership about what is shared.

Which is a good thing in so many ways because i have been a victim of such and i would not like to be caught up in such an episode ever again.The more reason we are here reviewing first hand information about so many niches.

Ignorance of the law excuses no one. The first step once joining a forum, or business or engaging in a website is to read the rules to avoid disparity of feelings. We need to know the rules and the legalities.

What I have started doing on all my pages is explain why I don't leave my email address on there for spammers to grab and instead leave a link for them to join Discussion Bucks and PM me with questions or comments.
I have been thinking about this because of so many positive reasons,the thing is that it is quite efficient if we get to interact with people from a platform like Dbucks and then when we build credibility then we can share private information.But we also need to ensure that the people we are attracting to engage with are quality people.

• Like Button
Reactions: oldbuddy
Ignorance of the law excuses no one. The first step once joining a forum, or business or engaging in a website is to read the rules to avoid disparity of feelings. We need to know the rules and the legalities.
That's true if the ToS/rules/laws are uniformly and fairly enforced.
Unfortunately, in most cases, they're not.

That's true if the ToS/rules/laws are uniformly and fairly enforced.
Unfortunately, in most cases, they're not.
Agree, many jumped to their purpose without reading the posts related to rules, laws, legalities, and more. It's a shame.

In my opinion, it's not that visitors or members of blogs, sites, forums don't understand the rules and laws, but they deliberately break the rules, such as spamming blog/site comments by linking URLs. In the case of forums, such as DBucks, there will also be an increase in spammers and plagiarism, so the active role of moderators is very necessary.

• Like Button
Reactions: Jenna Appleseed
Following the rules is very necessary in a forum to avoid spamming the site. Reading them must be the first thing to do to avoid rejection of a post. Sometimes, members abuse the site but we are part of it, it is our responsibility to protect it to let it last longer on the web.

Following the rules is very necessary in a forum to avoid spamming the site. Reading them must be the first thing to do to avoid rejection of a post. Sometimes, members abuse the site but we are part of it, it is our responsibility to protect it to let it last longer on the web.

Many people never follow rules and this is also one of the main reasons why the website may get penalised. This is a very common problem for people who never obey rules. There are many rules that they need to follow. They must make sure that content is original and not copied from someone else's website.

Many people never follow rules and this is also one of the main reasons why the website may get penalised. This is a very common problem for people who never obey rules. There are many rules that they need to follow. They must make sure that content is original and not copied from someone else's website.
That would surely happen to a site being penalized if members continue posting posts with less quality. Having fewer quality posts means less traffic or no traffic at all. It is best to abide the rules and regulations of the forum site to let it last longer and stronger.

The first thing we all need to do before starting any blogging or any platforms its better to know the lows and rules of our country toward those platforms then we can do what the right thing.

I avoid posting links to my email or using squeeze pages which dodges a lot of rules. Instead I include a banner to a Paid To Post Forum or two so they can PM me without me collecting any personal information.