Can video games improve someone's mental health? | Discussion Bucks

Can video games improve someone's mental health?

• Exciting News: Updated Subscription Plans and Lower Transfer Fees! 🚀

We're thrilled to announce that we've revamped our subscription plans to offer you more value and flexibility! Plus, we've lowered our transfer fees for your convenience. Click here to read the full announcement and see all the exciting changes. Upgrade your experience today! 🎉

freelancermaria

Veteran Member
Literary Virtuoso
Oct 3, 2023
D Bucks
💵18.846813
Referral Credit
Playing video games may seem like pure entertainment, but it can have a positive impact on your mental health and overall well-being. Whenever play my favorite game on my console, my mind gets a break from my fears. Also, it can enhance cognitive skills and reduce stress levels. However, it is essential to play in moderation. If gaming starts to interfere with your personal life or work or becomes an addiction, it is time to reassess your habits.

I can't say whether it improve mental health or not but as far as my smartphone is concern, it proved to be cause harm for my battery's health.

It depends, everything has it's good side and as well the bad sides. I have seen people who use games as a way to stay sane, or reduce stress and so on.

I would say that it does have the potential to help someone's mental health. As someone who suffers from anxiety and depression, I have found over the years that playing video games of all kinds has helped me a great deal and I would recommend it to anyone who was suffering with their mental health.

I can't say whether it improve mental health or not but as far as my smartphone is concern, it proved to be cause harm for my battery's health.

Yes, extended use of your smartphone for entertainment or gaming purposes can adversely impact your battery's health.
Post automatically merged:

It depends, everything has it's good side and as well the bad sides. I have seen people who use games as a way to stay sane, or reduce stress, and so on.

The impact of gaming on our social connections differs depending on how we use it. Make sure that it does not have any adverse effects on our relationships with others. Sometimes, people get so occupied in playing games that they tend to neglect their family and friends, resulting in a lack of communication and connection with them. Others neglect their jobs. Hehe.
Post automatically merged:

I would say that it does have the potential to help someone's mental health. As someone who suffers from anxiety and depression, I have found over the years that playing video games of all kinds has helped me a great deal and I would recommend it to anyone who was suffering with their mental health.

Correct. Playing games can be advantageous for people who suffer from anxiety and depression. It provides a temporary escape from our problems.