Team Lead
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Wordsmith
Oct 2, 2023
D Bucks
💵3.077938
Referral Credit
The Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) alleges that crypto participants and exchanges are manipulating the Naira's value through P2P transactions. Emomotimi Agama, the newly appointed Director-General, suggests delisting the Naira from all P2P platforms as a remedy.

Full news: https://bitcoinist.com/nigeria-threatens-to-ban-p2p-transactions/

Binance delisted the naira and all other crypto exchange platforms packed up and left Nigeria, yet the naira is still in shambles. They should better know the things they are chasing.

The government of my country has declared total war against crypto and anything that is related to crypto. We need to see if they would win against the massive Nigerian youths.

Binance delisted the naira and all other crypto exchange platforms packed up and left Nigeria, yet the naira is still in shambles. They should better know the things they are chasing.

The government of my country has declared total war against crypto and anything that is related to crypto. We need to see if they would win against the massive Nigerian youths.
I hope for the best of luck for the Nigerian people, the tyranny of these governments must end, in Europe, there is also a lot of bureaucracy with cryptocurrencies and in the US too, but let's remember why cryptocurrencies were born, as a p2p exchange system without intermediaries, so they will never be able to stop them completely if used correctly.

It is a pity that technological advances like this that is meant to favour the common man, the government is fighting it tooth and nail.

Yeah this was in the news a while back. The youths are not even relenting. They still pushing for its use.

The more prohibitions and restrictions they put in place, the more they will be used, it is what always happens when they prohibit something, this only makes it used secretly, nothing more, you cannot put walls on the market.