Online teaching and content writing were much rewarding 15 years back. | Discussion Bucks

Online teaching and content writing were much rewarding 15 years back.

aninditasen

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Oct 1, 2023
D Bucks
💵10.560000
Referral Credit
Way back in 2009 the online writing and teaching industry was booming in India and I entered it at the right time. I earned quite well both through content writing and online teaching. Things were much straight forward then. Guidelines were very clear but there were cheats of course. Things have changed a lot, there are more cheats than genuine employers.

The teaching area for those who have good teaching skills has always been valued regardless of the country the person is in, just presenting a good job that earns money.
I don't think so it's in India anymore. Indian websites want to use teachers as marketing professionals now to which I don't agree.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, online writing was very lucrative till a few years ago. now almost all the writing work has stopped due to chatGPT and other factors. Online advertising rates have also crashed.
That's true and there are scammers all round the world now.

Indeed, there were many good sites in the past like Blogjob, Triond, Literacy Base, Bubbles and more. I missed those sites where I mostly earned 3 figures a month. There are still many this time we need to find.

• Like Button
Reactions: aninditasen
Indeed, there were many good sites in the past like Blogjob, Triond, Literacy Base, Bubbles and more. I missed those sites where I mostly earned 3 figures a month. There are still many this time we need to find.
I do search but usually don't find one.

Actually the large internet companies are becoming larger and more profitable , while small online businesses, self employed are making far less money compared to a decade ago. I feel that the top internet companies are extremely ruthless in cheating, exploiting small online businesses

• Like Button
Reactions: aninditasen
Actually the large internet companies are becoming larger and more profitable , while small online businesses, self employed are making far less money compared to a decade ago. I feel that the top internet companies are extremely ruthless in cheating, exploiting small online businesses
That's true and the small online companies cheat the employees and get profit out of you.

I think that the niches of teaching online and content writing are less lucrative now because so many people have come into the niche providing much stronger competition than years back.

You are right, I think one of the reasons is because there has being increase in more English speakers and writers around the world that the world of online writing has being occupied by a lot of people.

Several years ago you could earn cent per solved shortlink. Now is maybe 0.001 cent with additional ads and captcha check. Time changed a lot.

You are very right on that. In fact almost all the online ventures were very well paying during that time. Nowadays they pay peasants to the users.

You are absolutely right! The cause of dwindling in revenue is that Google changes their policies and build more responsive web crawler. When Google introduced SERAP, a lot of site loss their position in ranking. Secondly, the number of online entrepreneurs have increased , thereby making jobs to become scarce.

That's the world for you, always changing. The cheaters are increasing because most people these days do not care about working hard, they want to get it the easy way.