How do you approach your family for a financial problem? | Discussion Bucks

How do you approach your family for a financial problem?

Starmix

Master Debater
Silver Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Top Poster Of Month
Sep 26, 2023
D Bucks
💵8.291500
Referral Credit
How do you approach your family for a financial problem? There are times that you may suffer losses so you do not have money to feed your stomach. The only remedy is to approach your family and seek help from them so that you can start to build a new money-making for survival. You may feel ashamed and may have a tongue- tied because of fear of their bullies and they may point their fingers at you as if you are a criminal. Will you cry ? What will you do In my humble opinion, it is best to explain to them the real happening why you are broke. You have to be sincere in your approach so they will believe you and help you financially.

• Like Button
Reactions: Sanjeev
It's a difficult situation if you stuck in to it. I will prefer to ask them money on lan and will assure them that I will return their money once I find another source of earning.

• Agree
Reactions: Starmix
It's a difficult situation if you stuck in to it. I will prefer to ask them money on lan and will assure them that I will return their money once I find another source of earning.
Let's never feel ashame to approach our family. They will not let us down. They can always extend a helping hand.

• Like Button
I will simply explain the situation to them, and if they are in a position to help, they will definitely help me.

Our family is our only hope which is why let's build a strong relationship with our family members because they are the only people who can understand us in times if crises.

Families know that they represent the only hope that most people have. And they talk you down at first instance. They would always help you. You must tell them your financial challenges anyhow.

Our family if gets mad at our recklessness but they're just reminding us to be careful in handling money matters. They won't fail to help us.

Well, as I was raised up in European countries, probably the approach varies, compared to the Southern world counties. Since our childhood, most parents, especially in Spain and Italy (and probably, Portugal too), teach to the children to not become spendthrift people. So it's very dependable. If our mishap comes from lavishing or a true misfortune (for ex., the loss of a business cause COVID). In the first case, it's very difficult to ask for help to families. It's likely people to go to charity organizations, before going to family members. I remember a close friend of my mother categorically refusing to help her spendthrift daughter and son-in-law, so they beg for money to a friend. Well, even in such cases, there are still families that help you in any way, if you promise them to change your life getting rid of your spendthrift habits.

Well, as I was raised up in European countries, probably the approach varies, compared to the Southern world counties. Since our childhood, most parents, especially in Spain and Italy (and probably, Portugal too), teach to the children to not become spendthrift people. So it's very dependable. If our mishap comes from lavishing or a true misfortune (for ex., the loss of a business cause COVID). In the first case, it's very difficult to ask for help to families. It's likely people to go to charity organizations, before going to family members. I remember a close friend of my mother categorically refusing to help her spendthrift daughter and son-in-law, so they beg for money to a friend. Well, even in such cases, there are still families that help you in any way, if you promise them to change your life getting rid of your spendthrift habits.
Such a difficult culture, but people know it well, so the best thing to do is to live in frugality and stay away from nonsense spending for no family to turn to for financial help.

it is to called and tell them that you have a financial problem and that you need their help but allow them to give you what they can afford

• Agree
it is to called and tell them that you have a financial problem and that you need their help but allow them to give you what they can afford
Agree on that our family might also in need of cash so let's accept whatever amount they could offer us.

That's the truth, you don't have to pressure them just make do with what they can continue
We also don't know their struggles. It is better for a family member in financial problem to live in frugality.

Let's never feel ashame to approach our family. They will not let us down. They can always extend a helping hand.

I agree with it. I understand family is the only one from where you can expect support. I don't rely on friend , for me my family is everything.

I agree with it. I understand family is the only one from where you can expect support. I don't rely on friend , for me my family is everything.
That is right, our family is everything which is why we have to love our family, There is no other who could understand us, only our family.

• Agree
Although they can help, it is essential not to expect a set amount of money from your parents or anyone else. When I was hospitalized for my chronic condition, I asked my parents for money, but my mother became upset. Because of this, I promised myself not to ask them for money again.

• Sad
Although they can help, it is essential not to expect a set amount of money from your parents or anyone else. When I was hospitalized for my chronic condition, I asked my parents for money, but my mother became upset. Because of this, I promised myself not to ask them for money again.
Why did your mother react that way as if you are not her daughter. That's harsh and you might have promised not to approach your parents again.

Why did she get upset?

That is good that you promised yourself not to ask money further.

I don't like asking my family or anyone for money, but if that were the case I would say it directly, I have a fairly understanding family.

I don't like asking my family or anyone for money, but if that were the case I would say it directly, I have a fairly understanding family.

Since when I started earning I never asked by parents or any other family member for money, I feel shy to do that. I wish I may never need to do that.