How do you approach your family for a financial problem? | Page 2 | Discussion Bucks

How do you approach your family for a financial problem?

Why did your mother react that way as if you are not her daughter. That's harsh and you might have promised not to approach your parents again.

She's upset that they have to pay the bill for my hospitalization. She seems to see me as a competition, which feels rather harsh. When I was discharged from the hospital, she did not even bother to check on me to see how I was doing. Instead, she got angry for some reason. Because of this, I promised myself that I would not ask for any favors from her or anyone else ever again.
Post automatically merged:

Why did she get upset?

That is good that you promised yourself not to ask money further.

I no longer ask for any favors since the day it happened. Well, she sees me as her competition. She does not want to share the money that my father was earning at that time. LOL

• Sad
Reactions: Starmix
She's upset that they have to pay the bill for my hospitalization. She seems to see me as a competition, which feels rather harsh. When I was discharged from the hospital, she did not even bother to check on me to see how I was doing. Instead, she got angry for some reason. Because of this, I promised myself that I would not ask for any favors from her or anyone else ever again.

I no longer ask for any favors since the day it happened. Well, she sees me as her competition. She does not want to share the money that my father was earning at that time. LOL

Is she your step mom? I have never seen such a mother who see her daughter, her competitor

I accept as frequently I face financial crises, and for this the requirements for asking money from close relatives increases many folds. Basically I don't want to take money but I have to ask for it from my brother in USA and my uncle here. I approach both of them via WhatsApp messages.

For sure my family doesn't help anyone financially. Unless you are very sick or dying it's when they would lend a helping hand.

What kind of mother you have. It seems she doesn't love you as her daughter. How could a mother consider you her competitor? Do you have the same business? You pray for her change. May she ask you forgiveness for her indifference.

Yeah right wheh you are not financially strong you need to be prudent with your little money
That is right and we also pity them. Money is hard to produce for the lazy and irresponsible people.

It is not even advisable to indulge lazy People they would squandered the money. Teach them to fish
There are lazy people and it is planted on their brain not attitude. It's hard to change their brains.

I have a family that is very understanding and can always help me. They know I am a legitimate hustler who doesn't play about financially. They always render assistance when it hooks me.

This is the reason we should not feed them. This would push them to go look for a job or they starve
It is easier said than done. Many people can't stand to see their family members starve no matter the situation. But they won't help them with any other thing apart from feeding.

It is easier said than done. Many people can't stand to see their family members starve no matter the situation. But they won't help them with any other thing apart from feeding.
Then you would be encouraging a grown ass man or woman to misbehave. I wouldn't give my money to someone I know is deliberately lazy

As much as possible, I don't. They've known me to be the independent one. They're the last ones I'll tell about it. However, there's a time I'm scammed, so my mother scolded me for it, but at the end of the day, she just listened to my story and gave me some advice.

This is the reason we should not feed them. This would push them to go look for a job or they starve
Perfect dea and it hurts on their part, but they must learn a lesson that in order to have a full stomach they must find work no matter what kind of work as long as legal.

Such a difficult culture, but people know it well, so the best thing to do is to live in frugality and stay away from nonsense spending for no family to turn to for financial help.
Well, from my point of view, this isn't a difficult culture, as I saw with my own eyes the mishaps fruit of cultures promoting the lavish spender. Imagine such a circumstance: you are a third or fourth aged grandmother or grandfather and you only own a minimum pension. You can't afford a medical health insurance, as a third aged health insurance here costs 3 minimum salaries per month. This grandmother or grandfather hardly can purchase her/his drugs, hardly can pay a doctor appointment out of an insurance. Your grandchildren hardly get a job and when they get one, it's mostly an informal job. Despite their situation, they are used to spend for cinemas, video games and parties. At every turn, they get broken and where they knock the door? At their grandparents, obviously, who get rid of their drug purchasing to support their grandchildren. In my former culture, average people only want to avoid to spare/save money (the purpose is to live during the third and fourth age with dignity and not like an homeless beggars) for the thin cow seasons. They simply don't want to spend their hard earned and hard saved money to finance the spendthrift life of family members, friends and acquaintances.

it is to called and tell them that you have a financial problem and that you need their help but allow them to give you what they can afford
Another mishap in the culture of my current country: people having a financial matter, prefer to receive nothing, if you can't give the exact amount they beg for (it's a cultural point among the less educated people), because it's usually the amount of a bill they can't pay or a similar situation.

That culture must be abolished. The people must control their behaviours. It's not a good image to see by the next generation.

Is she your step mom? I have never seen such a mother who see her daughter, as her competitor

Yes, she is my biological mother, but I do not know why she behaves that way. It is one of the reasons why I decided to move out of my parent's house and start my own life.

What kind of mother you have. It seems she doesn't love you as her daughter. How could a mother consider you her competitor? Do you have the same business? You pray for her change. May she ask you forgiveness for her indifference.

My younger sister shares the same sentiments. She believes that our mother does not love her, and our mother seems to see us as competitors. Hehe

Yes, she is my biological mother, but I do not know why she behaves that way. It is one of the reasons why I decided to move out of my parent's house and start my own life.

My younger sister shares the same sentiments. She believes that our mother does not love her, and our mother seems to see us as competitors. Hehe

This is really strange!

I don't have a mother as she died when I was of 4 years , I have a step mom and she behaves like this , as she doesn't love me and my elder brother.

What is that kind of competition you mean? Is it income, talent, beauty or what? That's weird though.